- MEETING IEEE
- Date: June 6, 2000
- Location: Location: Grady's Restaurant
- Issa Batarseh (Proxy)
- Robert J. Pirela
- Jerry Murphy (Proxy)
- Kalpathy B. Sundaram (Proxy)
- David E. Flinchbaugh (Chair)
- Parveen Wahid (Proxy)
- Tom Wandeloski
- Wade Smith
- Brian Hook (New Student Chair)
- Al Berg
- Jorge Medina
- Takis Kasparis
- 1) Quorum - Call to Order:
- After establishing the required quorum the meeting got on the
way at 6:00 pm presided by Dr. David Flinchbaugh.
- 2) -The minutes for the May 2nd meeting were
distributed to be read.
- 3) -Dr. Kaspari requested an explanation as to why we
lost $813.00 in the Awards Banquet, Al Berg explained that the
banquet was expected to be an expense, he presented a copy of the
treasurer report and reminded that in the past the banquet has
been much more expensive.
- 4) -There was a request for spelling corrections in the
Minutes, the minutes were corrected and approved.
- 5)-Dr. Flinchbaugh collected invoices and checks from
Al and Jorge; there was no Treasurer Report.
- 6) Old Business.
- Dr. Flinchbaugh reported that there was low attendance in
South Com and suggested that we should have Mr. Klote present a
report on the conference and the outcome.
- Dr. Kaspari mentioned that in the past promises have not been
fulfilled of moneys being paid to the chapter by the conferences
in compensation for work and support offered by local IEEE senior
- Brian Hook (New Student Chapter Chair), suggested that they
could sale amongst students Lab Kits prepared by the IEEE student
members, that the profits be shared with the senior chapter for
- No other old business.
- 7) New Business.
- Jorge Medina brought up the issue of election of new officers
and the fact that according to the new calendar year, by the first
week of October we should have a nominating committee, in the
November Newsletter there shall be a request for nominees so that
the new committee start on Jan with the New Year.
- 8) -Jorge also reminded that there is supposed to be a
transition/training meeting so that the outgoing officers can
brief the new officers about what has transpired during the year
and other important maters.
- 9) -Jorge also suggested that the bylaws might need to
be revised and updated, he proposed that copies of the Bylaws be
made available on the Web Page, this was seconded and
- 10) -A suggestion was made that Time and Date of
Florida Council should be published so that those interested could
- 11) -Dr. Flinchbaugh suggested that we need to start
planning the Wet n' Wild event from now to avoid last minute
problems and also to assure a good attendance.
- 12)-Meeting was adjourned at 8:17 PM.
- (If you need to make a correction, please Email Robert J.
Pirela at Sensorunit@AOL.Com)
of Page - Back
to Main Page