- To: Region 3 ExCom and Section Chairs
- From: Dick Riddle
- Subject: Concentration Banking Kick-Off Meeting
- Our Concentration Banking e-conf meeting was held on August 3,
2000 at 9:00
- PM EDT. The purpose of our meeting was to provide our regional
- leaders an opportunity to learn more about Concentration
- (CBA) and to begin the process to influence the implementation
- requirement. We had 23 Executive Committee, Section Chairs,
- Section Treasurers in attendance. I feel that we made a good
- attempting to achieve our purpose.
- In our plan to accomplish CBA for all 60 units within our
region that have
- bank accounts and to influence the policy and procedures used
- this requirement we outlined the following methodology:
- The methodology will involve a combination of synchronous Chat
- asynchronous NewsGroup Discussions. The bulk of the
discussions will involve
- NewsGroup discussions since scheduling problems are minimized.
- approach is recommended so that a focus can be maintained
- process. Each phase will build on the previous work and can be
- additional discussion is warranted.
- 1. Develop an understanding of the purpose, scope, objectives
- development work that has taken place in getting the
- Concentration Banking Accounts to this point in time.
- 2. Discuss the Issues, problems, and impediments to
- 3. Discuss the courses of action / and assignments to
- recommendations (e-conf)
- 4. Transmit recommendations to IEEE BOD.
- The methodology is fairly simple but the end product can be a
- for change within Region 3 and the Institute
- Using newsgroup technology is very much like using e-mail to
- except that a server keeps up with the messages from everyone
- threading. The server can be accessed with a number of
newsreaders such as
- Outlook Express, Netscape, and etc.
- Our server is called: r3-collab.eng.uab.edu
- The newsgroup for the CBA discussion and collaboration is
- You can access our server and newsgroup as follows:
- If you go there now you will find the log of our Kickoff
e-conf meeting held
- on August 3 as well as a comment made by Bob Duggan about that
- separate threads you will find a copy of my letter to the
ExCom and Section
- Chairs encouraging them to attend the "E-Conf Meeting -
- Banking Discussion" on August 3rd and the beginning of the
- discussion titled "Clarifying Questions".
- Because we believe that the implementation of Concentration
- the Institute has widespread impact and should be thoroughly
- all entities involved, we are asking you to use this
methodology to ask your
- questions, state your problems, and help us arrive at and
- solutions to ease the transition to CBA.
- Based on the information provided by IEEE Financial Services
- July 28, 2000, our score card is as follows:
- TYPE OF UNIT TOTAL IN REGION HAS CBA
- Region 1 1
- Councils 5 3
- Sections 43 11
- Sub-sections 3 0
- Society Chapters 8 0
- Total Units (Entity) 60 15
- I am encouraged by the response that I have received from the
- folks that are responsible for developing the Policy and
- for the CBA program. They have formed a team to assist the
- the conversion process and they welcome the opportunity to
work with us.
- Please use this opportunity to let us know how you feel.
- A draft copy of the above document is available for your
review and comment
- on our newsgroup at:
- Richard L. Riddle, IEEE Region 3 Director 2000-2001
- reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Top of
Back to Main