- - NATIONAL ENGINEERS WEEK ANNOUNCES
BILLBOARD AD CAMPAIGN 2001
- For its Fiftieth Anniversary Celebration, the National
- Committee will again take its message that "Engineers Turn
- Reality" to the streets and the highways through its Outdoor
- Campaign. The goal of the program, which will be led by
- professional sections of engineering societies around the
country, is to
- place a public service announcement extolling engineers on a
minimum of 100
- billboards, and 1000 public transit buses, during the month of
- Building on the increased success of the program over the past
- the campaign has a dual purpose: to increase grassroots
- National Engineers Week, particularly among undergraduate
- students; and to make a broader audience aware of the
- and the technological achievements it honors.
- For more information, visit
- It's time to order the
National Engineers Week(NEW) 2001 Kit...
- What's in it for you?
- * Program ideas and how-tos to get your imagination
- * Fresh hands-on activities for K-12 classrooms. Try a
- lemon-powered car!
- * A media guide with fill-in-the-blanks news releases to
- help publicise your program.
- * A print-ready flyer to help you announce local events.
- Just fill in the details.
- * The 2001 poster for display in offices, schools,
- and science centers.
- * Information for the first "Engineering Travel Guide to
- 50 States.
- * Information about the first, national "Introduce a Girl
- Engineering Day".
- To order your NEW 2001 Kit, send your Name,
- affiliation, Employer(i.e., optional), Street
- please use street address and not Post Office Box as the
- is shipped via the United Parcel Service[UPS], not the
- City or Town, State and ZIP Code.
- The mailing address is: National Engineers Week
- Post Office Box 1020, Sewickley, Pennsylavania
- Looking forward to hearing NEW success stories of how
- "Your 2001 National Engineers Week" turned out!!
- Please be advised that the IEEE has been
asked to provide the names and
- contact information for all of our
Section and Chapter Chairs in the US to
- the National Engineers' Week organizers.
This information will be retained
- by the Engineers' Week staff, and they
will provide the name and contact
- information to individuals upon request.
IEEE-USA is a sponsor of
- Engineers Week 2001.
- Please share this notification with your
Chapter Chairs. We wanted to make
- you aware of this, in the event that you
or one of your Chapter Chairs is
- contacted by a local school or community
organization for the purpose of
- participating in Engineers' Week
- The Local IEEE Orlando Section contact
is Fraser Howe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Tracy Hawkins
- Manager, Section/Chapter
- Sections Congress
- IEEE: Networking the World
- +1 732 562 5512
- +1 732 463 9359 (FAX)
- Top of
Back to Main