- Date: November 3, 1999
- Location: ROOM 419 ENG. BUILDING UCF
- Issa Batarseh
- Robert J. Pirela
- Takis Kasparis
- Jerry Holst
- Kalpathy B. Sundaram
- David E. Flinchbaugh
- Al Berg
- Mercedes McDonald
- Curt Hillmann
- 1) Quorum - Call to Order:
- After establishing the required quorum the meeting got on the
way at 6:00pm.
- 2) Chair Remarks: Issa Batarseh
- -Batarseh spoke about the Wet and Wild event.
- 3)-David E. Flinchbaugh presented his report on the Wet N,
- Only 27 showed up.
- Possible reasons for the low attendance:
- -Tickets were not available until last minute.
- -There were other events and meetings at the same date and
time, creating a
- - The weather that week had been cloudy and rainy, although
that day was
- Accounts will be closed on a week or so, a full report will be
- next meeting.
- 4)- Issa Batarseh presented a report on the events and content
- -He attended four tutorials, one of them in how to activate
- -Sections should take a more active role on the Chapters.
- -One idea is to have joint meetings.
- -We will initially target the Computer Engineering
- -We will ask Jorge to make a mailing list of all members.
- 5)-A motion was made, seconded and approved to appoint Brian
- of the Computer Society.
- 6)-It has been proven that Senior Members do not let their
- Issa Batarseh proposed a target to recruit @100 members to
- Issa Batarseh will ask J. Medina to put an add in the
- that the Section is sponsoring a Senior membership Drive. The
- requirement is to be a Member and to send your resume to Wahid
- 7)-Al Berg presented a report about the Millennium Medals and
- -Jorge will be nominated to the Professional Award for his
work in PACE.
- -A place shall be selected for the Awards Ceremony in four
months (March 25,
- 2000). The place should be accessible to all and have good
music and possibly
- 8)-Petrasko spoke about the activities of the Student
Societies, two groups
- were represented in the meeting.
- -The students will organize a car wash to raise funds for
- -It was suggested that the meetings of the student's societies
be combined to
- reduce expenses.
- -Other fundraising ideas were discussed also.
- 9)-An invitation from Wahid was received for the Lake Howell
- Competition in April 2000.
- 10)-Wahid from AP Society requested from chapter $360.00 for
- for visiting speaker. Request was approved.
- 11)-A motion was passed, seconded and approved for $150.00 for
- 12)-A motion was passed, seconded and approved to cancel Voice
- 13)-Old Business:
- - No Voucher/Stickers for parking were approved by UCF
authorities for EXCOM
- members who are not Faculty.
- -Batarseh and Sunderam will continue efforts to activate
- -To reduce our expenses, next meeting we will order only four
- 14)-Meeting was adjourned at 8:10PM.
Note from the Secretary:
Please send me your comments, additions and/or corrections to
Back to Main