Be an IEEE Volunteer
As volunteers, we give our time to an organization we believe makes a
difference. IEEE Canada is the Canadian national society in electrical,
electronics, and computer engineering. We are part of two larger
organizations, one international, the other Canadian. Please use
this link to learn more about IEEE Canada
and our products and services.
What do we as volunteers receive in return? Here are some of the benefits:
- Satisfaction from being useful and contributing to our profession and
- Working and socializing with interesting and caring professionals.
- Developing or honing networking and management skills.
- Making personal contacts with leaders and those on the rise in our
There are volunteer opportunities in various aspects of IEEE:
- your nation-wide IEEE Canada
- your local Section or Chapter
- your favorite Technical Society
IEEE Canada needs volunteers for a wide range of activities, for example:
- chairs or members of the various activity committees (explore the
possibilities using this link),
- publication editors and reviewers,
- translators for published articles,
- translators for web sites,
- web masters and assistant webmasters.
We welcome volunteers whose working language is English, French, or both.
If you would like to become an IEEE volunteer, or wish to ask some
questions about becoming a volunteer, please use the web form below
and the webmaster will respond directly to you or forward your
interest or questions to the most appropriate person.
PLEASE COMPLETE ALL FIELDS BEFORE CLICKING SUBMIT