May 12 to 15, 2002
Hotel Fort Garry, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
1. STRUCTURE OF CONFERENCEThe CCECE02 has several hundred papers arranged in many oral-presentation sessions and a few poster-presentation sessions, all distributed over three full days. Each day has four parallel sessions in the morning and four parallel sessions in the afternoon.
2. STRUCTURE OF POSTER PRESENTATIONS
Unlike the 20 minute oral presentation, each poster presentation lasts two hours. This allows the poster presenters to explain their findings in considerable depth to audiences who are interested directly in the paper.
Each Poster Session has a Session Chair who will assure that the needs of the presenters are satisfied.
The Poster Sessions are collocated with the Conference Exhibit, and overlap with refreshment breaks.
3. PREPARATION OF POSTER PRESENTATIONSEach speaker is required to prepare visual material (e.g., black-and-white or colour sheets of paper, photographs, or a single large poster) to be displayed on a board. The material will be attached to the board with an adhesive tape (as airplane flying with push-pins or thumb-tacks or any other sharp objects may cause security concerns). The text in the visual material should not be smaller than 14 points. A typical structure of a poster presentation is similar to an oral presentation, and often includes:
4. EQUIPMENT PROVIDEDEach presenter will be provided with a 4 by 6 foot board in the poster presentation room.
5. MEETINGS OF SPEAKERS WITH POSTER SESSION CHAIRSA Poster Session Chair will meet with all the speakers prior to his/her session during either the breakfast (for the Morning Poster Sessions) or lunch (for the Afternoon Poster Sessions). This is possible because both breakfasts and lunches are included in the conference registration.