- The 2002 IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE02) will follow the tradition of selecting outstanding papers whose prime authors are students. However, an innovation is being introduced in the CCECE02 in that single winners of the competitions will be selected in various areas, rather than in the entire conference.
In the past CCECE conferences, three winners were selected in the entire CCECE. In CCECE02, we will have single winners in more focused areas, including:
- Power Engineering;
- Communications Engineering;
- Electromagnetic & Antenna Engineering;
- Computer Engineering;
- Electronics Engineering;
- Signal Processing Engineering; and
- Biomedical Engineering.
The Conference Committee feels that this focused-area approach will lead to a fairer process of selecting the papers, as comparison will be done within a similar area.
- The competition results will be based on reviews of the full paper only.
The award decisions of the CCECE02 edjudicating body and the Conference Committee will be final.
- As any other paper accepted for presentation at the CCECE02, the winning student papers will be published in the Proceedings of the CCECE02 (both the 3-volume printed and the CD-ROM versions). In addition extended versions of the winning papers may be published in the Canadian Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, subject to the final editorial acceptance by the Journal.
- The Student Paper Competition awards will be announced at the Wednesday Lunch, May 15, 2002.