IEEE (MGA) Student Awards
IEEE Student Awards are administered by the Member and Geographic Activities Board of IEEE
Outstanding Student Branch Award
- To recognize one Student Branch in the world for its efforts in
promoting the benefits of IEEE membership to students, meeting IEEE Bylaw
reporting and membership requirements.
- A cash award of $1,000 and a plaque will be given to the recipient.
- The recipient will be chosen from the Regional Outstanding Student
Branch Award recipients. (Ask your counselor to nominate you for the
George Armitage Outstanding Student Branch Award
- if you win, you are elegible for this award)
Outstanding Student Branch Counselor and Advisor Award
The IEEE Outstanding Branch Counselor and Advisor Award was established
to recognize the important contributions of the faculty Counselor or Advisor.
- Each year, up to ten outstanding Counselors and Advisors (one per
Region) will receive a cash award in recognition of their contributions.
- Winners will be those who, through their work as Counselors and
Advisors, exemplify the IEEE's commitment to the educational, personal,
professional, and technical development of students in IEEE related
fields of interest.
- Nomination deadline Feb 28 to IEEE Student Services - more details
Student Branch Membership Growth Award
To recognize the Student Branch in each Region having achieved the highest
rate of growth.
- No nomination required. The Regional Activities Department will
automatically generate statistics for submission to the RAB Awards &
- Presentation of a certificate inscribed with the Student Branch name
and accomplishment, will be made by the Regional Director at a suitable
occasion - more
IEEE Student Enterprise Award
The objective of the competition is to provide the opportunity for IEEE
Student members to work with others on an engineering project, while
simultaneously strengthening IEEE Student Branch programs.
- Topics may be of a technical or non-technical nature ranging from
research on state-of-the-art technology to community service programs.
- Funding for the project up to US $1500.
- Submission deadline Nov 15 to IEEE Student Services - more details
Outstanding Student Certificate
- To recognize outstanding contributions to Student Branch or Branch
- Application by any branch officer to IEEE Student Services using the supply order form. Contact the
Regional Student Activities Committee for more information.
Darrel Chong Student Activity Award
- The purpose of this new recognition system serves to change the mind set
of our student groups from being number-driven to become value-driven and
acknowledge exemplary student activities around the world.
- Application by any branch representative to IEEE Student Services - more
Home Page / www.ieee.ca / Page d'accueil
Last update /
/ la dernière mise à jour