IEEE IEEE HomeSearch IEEE ShopWeb Account Contact IEEE




 IEEE Bangalore Section - FAQ



General Information


Message from the Chairman

Student Activities

Mailing List


Membership Upgrade

IEEE Links

Bye Laws





I need a research paper from IEEE transactions on topic X. How to obtain?

I would like to become a member of IEEE. What should I do?

I would like to start a student branch in my college. What should I do?

I need a research paper from IEEE transactions on ____. How to obtain?
You can purchase the publications from the IEEE website electronically paying by use of Credit card. (Use AskIEEE service). IEEE members will get reduced rates compared to non-members. Another cheaper alternative is to get research papers from IISc library, if the IISc library has the archive of that magazine copy. If your company is a corporate member, then you can visit IISc library and get copies.
If you need copies of IEEE papers on a regular basis and also papers from other journals or patents copies, you can subscribe to
National Center for Science information at IISc.

Go to top

I would like to become a member of IEEE. What should I do?
The annual fee is around $124 (Year 2006). People with an annual income of less than the equivalent of US$10,100 can pay half the fee. The fee may be paid through an Internationally valid Credit Card or US dollar draft for the required amount. Applying on-line and paying by Credit card is faster, cheaper and convenient. If applying through a printed form and paying through US cheque, the application along with the payment can be sent to IEEE Asia Pacific office in Singapore or the headquarters in USA. You can subscribe to several societies and their publications at member rates. Once the form is filled up, you may need to obtain the endorsement of a current IEEE member for determining the right grade of membership by IEEE. Student membership rates are lower. The same process is to be followed. Recently graduated student members can opt for IEEE GOLD scheme, where they pay only 35% of full member fees for the first year after graduation. You will start receiving IEEE spectrum after your membership is processed in about 2 months. If you need further clarification regarding Membership, please contact the executive committee member responsible for membership development.

Go to top

I would like to start a student branch in my college. What should I do?
1. Applications from student members (in the prescribed student membership application forms) from the institution (minimum 20) duly endorsed by the Branch counsellor.
2. Membership application from Branch counsellor if he/she is not already a member.
3. List of student/faculty members applying with full/half year subscription society fees
4. DD in US $ for the appropriate amount payable at US bank in favour of IEEE
5. Petition for forming student branch signed by the students, headed by a student representative (Branch chairman) and endorsed by the Head of the Institution and also signed by the Branch counsellor
6. Constitution of the branch duly signed by the chairman of the branch and endorsed by the secretary of the branch
7. Three copies of affiliation letter of the university to which the institution is affiliated
8. Three copies of AICTE approval for the engineering branches in the institution
9. Petition by 2 faculty members endorsing formation of the branch
10. Three copies of the institution's academic calendar (prospectus) with the list of faculty members.
Please get in touch with student activities member of EXECOM for clarifications.

Go to top

Small IEEE Logo Copyright 2006, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.
Terms & Conditions Privacy & Security.
Contact: Niranjan S Patil


(Modified: 11-Jan-2006)