Established in 1959 and serving over 1,400 members in
Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Lake and Sumter counties
IEEE Orlando Section News
Meeting Date: Tuesday,
2006 Time: Place: Topics: Contact:
Executive Committee Meeting
GOLD Affinity Group
The IEEE Orlando Section has been approved to form a GOLD Affinity Group. The Chair is Ravi Todi who is looking for volunteers, please contact him at .
- Call For Nominations
- The IEEE Orlando Section announce the request for nominations for the 2006 Orlando Section Awards, which will be presented this fall. The Orlando Section presents six awards annually:
- Outstanding Engineering Educator
- Outstanding Engineer
- Outstanding Service
- Outstanding Entrepreneur
- Outstanding Undergraduate Student
- Outstanding Graduate Student
- Nominees must be IEEE members in good standing and have been a resident of the Orlando Section for the past three years.
- Any Orlando Section member in good standing may make a nomination for the Orlando Section Awards
- Nominations must be e-mailed to the Awards Chair and be received no later than 31 August 2006.
- Nomination forms can be found at https://www.ewh.ieee.org/r3/orlando/awards.htm and additional information about the nomination procedure can be found at https://www.ewh.ieee.org/r3/orlando/Awards_forms/Awards_guidelines.doc
- I look forward to seeing your nominations.
- Joe Juisai
IEEE Orlando Section congratules our new Senior Member! The last A&A Review Panel meeting was held on 24 June 2006 in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Julio I. Rovi - Orlando Section
next IEEE Senior Member Review
Panel Meeting is scheduled for
August 2006 in Philadelphia,
The IEEE Orlando Section Monthly is proud to feature a distinguished member each month in the Section's Profile. If you have contributed greatly to your profession and/or to our ranks of the IEEE we would like to hear from you.
- The IEEE Orlando Section Monthly is proud to feature Mr. Joseph Lias in this issue's Section Member Profile. Mr. Lias have just relocated his family to the Orlando area from Atlanta, and look forward to getting involved with the Orlando Section. He holds a M.S.E.E. from Georgia Institute of Technology (1983), and a B.S.E.E. from North Carolina A & T State University (1982). Companies and experience include: Managing Partner - T&L Consulting, LLC, President/COO - THX, Ltd. (Entertainment Technologies & Consumer Electronics), Co-founder/President/CEO - Kipper Technologies, Inc., Co-founder/CEO - Carina Networks (Broadband-over-Powerlines), Co-founder/President/COO - Terawave Communications (PON Technology), VP Marketing/Sales - PipeLinks/Cisco Systems (Integrated TCP-IP/SONET Technology), VP Marketing/Business Development - Premisys Communications, Inc. (IAD Technology), Sr. Manager, PLM - Nortel Networks, Manager R&D - BNR, Inc., MTS - Bell Labs. Patents & Awards: Patent: 4,760,330 Test System With Shared Test Instruments, Georgia Tech "Distinguished Alumni" award recipient, Summa cum laude graduate, IBM fellowship, Bell Labs Scholarship, Pride Of BNR Award Recipient; IEEE Member.