IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - Vol. 46, No. 1 - January 2013
- Jan. 8 - Executive Committee Meeting
- Jan. 15 - IEEE Photonics Society/S-PAC Seminar: Engineering Career Strategies
- Jan. 21 - IEEE PES Presentation - Principles of Paralleling Switchgear - Flyer
- Jan. 31 - IEEE Photonic Society Distinguished Speaker Seminar: The Art and Science of Packaging High-Coupling Photonics Devices and Modules
- 2013 Orlando Section Officers
- IEEE Orlando Section Congratulates Our New Senior Members!
- Call for Volunteers for Chapter Officers and Committee Officers
- Orlando Section Membership Development Report for January 2013
- IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - January 2013 - HTML
- IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - January 2013 - PDF
Local IEEE Conferences/Events
Other IEEE News/Events
Date: Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Time: 6:30 - 7:00 pm - Social and Refreshments; 7:00 - 8:30 pm Executive Committee Meeting
Place: Orlando Business Development Center, District 2 (affiliated with the UCF and the S.B.A.) at 3218 East Colonial Drive, Suite #G, Orlando, FL 32802
Directions: In Herndon Plaza just east of Maguire Blvd. This is the shopping center across Colonial Drive from Fashion Square. It is on the west end of the building, around the building at the Southwest corner from the HH Gregg entrance.
Cost: Free to all IEEE members and Non-IEEE members
Contact: Mike Orlovsky, email@example.com, tel. 410.979.0476 (Cell)
Date: Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Place: CREOL 102, University of Central Florida 4000 Central Florida Blvd. Orlando, FL, 32816
Speaker: Butch Shadwell, IEEE Senior Member - Bio
Abstract: The ultimate tutorial on how to have the best career possible in the fields of applied physical science and engineering. Specific information on interviewing, graduate school, winning the talent competition, and optimizing your income and standard of living. If you want to be able to take control of your professional future, you will want to attend this talk.
Sponsor: IEEE Region 3 S-PAC (Student Professional Awareness Conference).
Contact: Jie Sun, firstname.lastname@example.org
TThe Orlando Section elects officers for a term of one year beginning January 1st. This year the Orlando Section utilized the IEEE vTools Voting system for the election process, and 44 paper ballots were mailed to members who don't have an e-mail address in their IEEE records. The Online voter turnout was 4% and the paper ballot was 20%. On December 11th the total ballot results were presented to the ExCom as follows:
- Chair: Michael Orlovsky
- Vice Chair: Stanley P. Buchanan
- Secretary: Ravi Rajaravivarma
- Treasurer: Lynn Guthrie
- The IEEE Orlando Section congratulates our new Senior Members!:
- Scott Bawden, member of the Aerospace and Electronic Systems Society.
- Christopher Geiger, member of the Aerospace and Electronic Systems Society.
- John Gnan, member of the Industry Applications Society.
- Robert Pirela, nominated by Orlando Section
- Genevieve Sapijaszko, member of the Signal Processing Society.
The last A&A Review Panel meeting was held on 8 December 2012 in New Brunswick, NJ, USA.
For details on how to apply for IEEE Senior Member grade and view the 2012 review panel meeting dates, visit the IEEE Senior Member homepage. For Senior Member inquiries, contact: email@example.com
- Helpful Senior Member web links:
- Senior Member Update
- Senior Member Application
- Senior Member Reference Form
- Senior Member Nomination Event Guide