IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - Vol. 47, No. 2 - February 2014
Section/Society Chapter/Affinity Group Events
- Feb. 11 - Executive Committee Meeting
- Feb. 20 - IEEE Orlando Computer Society Meeting
- Apr. 12 - IEEE Orlando Spring 2014 Picnic
- Valencia College Engineers Week Activities 2014
- 2014 Central Florida Engineers' Week Banquet - Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014
- WMFE Public Relations sound - Join/Renew IEEE or an IEEE Society
- Refer a Member, Receive IEEE Merchandise Through February 28, 2014.
- STEAM 2014 Events
- Official Second Call for judges for SCRSMEF
- Call for Volunteers for Chapter Officers and Committee Officers
- IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - February 2014: HTML - PDF
- IEEE-USA Consultants Newsletter - 4Q-2013
- Fall 2013 edition of the Region 3 newsletter
- IEEE USA 2013 Annual Meeting Highlights: PPTX - PDF
IEEE Conferences/Annual Meetings/Events
Other IEEE News/Events
- IEEE-USA’s Annual Congressional Visits Day (CVD)- March 25 & 26 in Washington
- IEEE Member Benefits Bulletin - January 2014
- SOCIETY SENTINEL - January 2014
- IEEE USA Today's Engineer - January 2014
- IEEE TA Spotlight - December 2013
- Innovation Featured in Latest IEEE-USA E-Books’ Free Offerings to Members
- IEEE MGA SCOOP - October 2013
- IEEE HISTORY CENTER November NEWSLETTER
Date: Tuesday, February 11, 2014
Time: 6:30 - 7:00 pm - Social and Dinner; 7:00 - 8:00 pm Executive Committee Meeting
Place: Orlando Business Development Center, District 2 (affiliated with the UCF and the S.B.A.) at 3218 East Colonial Drive, Suite #G, Orlando, FL 32802
Directions: In Herndon Plaza just east of Maguire Blvd. This is the shopping center across Colonial Drive from Fashion Square. It is on the west end of the building, around the building at the Southwest corner from the HH Gregg entrance.
Cost: Meeting attendance is free to all IEEE members and Non-IEEE members.
RSVP: Stanley Buchanan, stanbuchanan@IEEE.org, tel. 407-256-3329 - Cell
Come on out to the following "STEAM Rocks!" (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) events scheduled for the 2013/2014 school year where we will be encouraging 5th graders to participate in various hands on activities related to maglev vehicles, wind turbines, solar cars, and more. These hands on activities are funded by the IEEE Orlando Section and the Florida Engineering Foundation. You will be volunteering alongside fellow engineering and technology students from Valencia, UCF, and DeVry as well as local area engineers helping 5th grade students to become excited about science, technology, engineering, art, and math and to see how these subjects are all interconnected as they complete various hands on projects.
Friday, February 28, 2014 from 4 PM until 6 PM at Robinswood Middle SchoolFriday, April 4, 2014 from 1 PM until 3 PM at Tildenville Elementary School
1221 Brick Road
Winter Garden, FL 34787
Please register HERE.
IEEE Orlando Section.