IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - Vol. 48, No. 4 - April 2015
Section/Society Chapter/Affinity Group Events
- Apr. 7, 14, 21 & 28. - IEEE Orlando PES/PELS/IAS: April Technical Conference: Conference Summary - Apr 7 Flyer - Apr 14 Flyer - Apr 21 Flyer - Apr 28 Flyer - Registration Form - Sub Order Form
- Apr. 14 - Executive Committee Meeting
- Apr. 18 - IEEE Orlando Section Spring 2015 Picnic
- Forming a New Local Chapter: Technology and Engineering Management Society (TEMS)
- WMFE Public Relations sound - Join/Renew IEEE or an IEEE Society
- Refer a Colleague, Get Great Merchandise
- Call for Volunteers for Chapter Officers and Committee Officers
- IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - April 2015: HTML - PDF
- Region 3 Member Engagement Report - February 2015
- IEEE MD Monthly - February 2015
- IEEE Region 3 newsletter
- IEEE Computer Society is Offering a FREE FIRST Download for Any Publication of Your Choice
IEEE Conferences/Annual Meetings/Courses
- Apr - Nov. 2015 IEEE Power & Energy Society’s Practical Education Courses for Industry Professionals
- April 9 - 12, 2015 IEEE SoutheastCon 2015, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- July 30 - August 1, 2015 SUSTECH 2015 - Second Call for Papers, R6, Oregon and Utath Sections
Other IEEE News/Events
- IEEE Member Discounts
- IEEE Member Benefits Bulletin: February 2015
- SOCIETY SENTINEL
- IEEE USA Today's Engineer
- IEEE TA Spotlight
- Latest IEEE-USA E-Books’ Free Offerings to Members
- IEEE MGA SCOOP NEWSLETTER
- IEEE HISTORY CENTER NEWSLETTER
Date: Tuesday, April 14, 2015
Time: 6:30 - 7:00 pm - Social and Dinner; 7:00 - 8:00 pm Executive Committee Meeting
Place: Orlando Business Development Center,
District 2 (affiliated with the UCF and the S.B.A.) at 3218 East Colonial Drive, Suite #G,
Orlando, FL 32802
Directions: In Herndon Plaza just east of Maguire Blvd. This is the shopping center across Colonial Drive from Fashion Square. It is on the west end of the building, around the building at the Southwest corner from the HH Gregg entrance.
Cost: Meeting attendance is free to all IEEE members and Non-IEEE members.
RSVP: Stanley Buchanan, stanbuchanan@IEEE.org, tel. 407-256-3329 - Cell
Date: Saturday, April 18, 2015
Time: 11:30am – 3:00pm - Serving Bubbalu's Barbecue @ 12:15 pm
Place: Blanchard Park Pavilion 1 -- near Volley ball court. 10501 J Blanchard Trail, Orlando, FL 32817
Cost: Picnic attendance is free to all IEEE members and Non-IEEE members.
RSVP: Ravi Rajaravivarma , firstname.lastname@example.org, with number of attendees, as soon as possible.
The IEEE Orlando Section is forming a local chapter of the IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society (TEMS). From the TEMS IEEE description, "TEMS provides information and services to practitioners and researchers engaged in management sciences and practices required for defining, implementing, and managing engineering and technology. The fields of interest of TEMS includes: technology policy development, assessment, and transfer; issues related to the management of research, development, design, evaluation, production, and operations; innovation and entrepreneurship; program and project management; strategic management and strategic thinking and planning; education and training related to engineering and technology management; transitioning to management; and the socioeconomic impact of engineering and technology management.”
We plan to have at least four meetings per year with local executives, distinguished lecturers, and local technology-related tours. Please consider joining TEMS ($35/year for members) and let me know so we can include your name on the petition to establish a local chapter. We need at least twelve local members of the Orlando Section to express interest and join TEMS to form a Chapter.
Mike Orlovsky (email@example.com, 407.909.0956).
Do you know what the IEEE Member Discounts program does for IEEE members? Here are some important facts about this program:
- More than 70,000 IEEE members use at least one of the benefits in the Member Discounts program.
- Member Discounts products and services are supported by contracts between IEEE and providers, vetted by the professional staff and volunteers.**
- Member Discounts help to support the personal and professional needs of IEEE members throughout their careers, and are portable when they change employers.
- Not all Member Discounts insurance plans and product discounts are available in every country; however, members can find many benefits available in a number of countries, with more being added each year. In fact, the insurance program now spans 84 countries!
- Member Discounts are promoted at no cost to any member and more than $5.3 million in annual non-dues revenue from these programs benefit members worldwide.
Discover what IEEE Member Discounts can offer you. The Member Discounts portfolio consists of insurance products and programs for the home, office and travel, all at excellent group rates and reduced pricing. Visit IEEE Member Discounts to see what’s available in your location and enjoy the savings.
** We can assist with developing local benefits, too. Contact L.Koblin@ieee.org for more information.
IEEE Orlando Section.