IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - Vol. 48, No. 3 - March 2015
Section/Society Chapter/Affinity Group Events
- Mar. 10 - Executive Committee Meeting
- Mar. 10 - IEEE Orlando PES/PELS/IAS: March Substation Tour - Tour Flyer
- Mar. 19 - IEEE Orlando AP/MTT Chapter Meeting
- Mar. 31 - IEEE Orlando AP/MTT Chapter Meeting: "Terahertz Technology and its Applications"
- Forming a New Local Chapter: Technology and Engineering Management Society (TEMS)
- WMFE Public Relations sound - Join/Renew IEEE or an IEEE Society
- Refer a Colleague, Get Great Merchandise
- Call for Volunteers for Chapter Officers and Committee Officers
- IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - March 2015: HTML - PDF
- Region 3 Member Engagement Report - December 2014
- IEEE MD Monthly - December 2014
- IEEE Region 3 newsletter
- IEEE Computer Society is Offering a FREE FIRST Download for Any Publication of Your Choice
IEEE Conferences/Annual Meetings/Courses
- Mar. - Nov. 2015 IEEE Power & Energy Society’s Practical Education Courses for Industry Professionals
- April 9 - 12, 2015 IEEE SoutheastCon 2015, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- July 30 - August 1, 2015 SUSTECH 2015 - Second Call for Papers, R6, Oregon and Utath Sections
Other IEEE News/Events
- IEEE Member Discounts
- IEEE Member Benefits Bulletin: December 2014
- SOCIETY SENTINEL
- IEEE USA Today's Engineer
- IEEE TA Spotlight
- Latest IEEE-USA E-Books’ Free Offerings to Members
- IEEE MGA SCOOP NEWSLETTER
- IEEE HISTORY CENTER NEWSLETTER
Date: Tuesday, March 10, 2015
Time: 6:30 - 7:00 pm - Dinner; 7:00 - 8:00 pm Executive Committee Meeting
Place: Red Lobster Restaurant, 3552 E. Colonial Drive, (Approx. 300 Yards North East of the usual meeting location) Orlando, FL 32803.
Cost: Meeting attendance is free to all IEEE members and Non-IEEE members.
RSVP: Stanley Buchanan, stanbuchanan@IEEE.org, tel. 407-256-3329 - Cell. Please RSVP and be at the restaurant at or very close to 6:30 P.M. ordering time. We will meet in the side room at the South East Corner inside the building (enter on the North side facing E. Colonial Drive). Expeditious ordering will be accomplished if all attendees will print out and bring with them the attached Menu and circle their selections. Extra copies will be available at the restaurant for those who forget their copy.
Menu Selection: See Menu from which attendees are to make their selection(s) for dinner. The Bar Harbor Salad item at the bottom is an addition to our chosen menu and primarily for those who need an extra Vege option (i.e., without the Meat portion)
The IEEE Orlando Section is forming a local chapter of the IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society (TEMS). From the TEMS IEEE description, "TEMS provides information and services to practitioners and researchers engaged in management sciences and practices required for defining, implementing, and managing engineering and technology. The fields of interest of TEMS includes: technology policy development, assessment, and transfer; issues related to the management of research, development, design, evaluation, production, and operations; innovation and entrepreneurship; program and project management; strategic management and strategic thinking and planning; education and training related to engineering and technology management; transitioning to management; and the socioeconomic impact of engineering and technology management.”
We plan to have at least four meetings per year with local executives, distinguished lecturers, and local technology-related tours. Please consider joining TEMS ($35/year for members) and let me know so we can include your name on the petition to establish a local chapter. We need at least twelve local members of the Orlando Section to express interest and join TEMS to form a Chapter.
Mike Orlovsky (email@example.com, 407.909.0956).
Please see attached
article of Wednesday, December 3, 2014,
Orlando Sentinel newspaper...pretty exciting opportunity for our students both at Valencia and at Tildenville Elementary
and for the possibility of motivating other kids around Central Florida and wherever else this article seems to be popping
up in the world who might read over this and begin to think about how STEM related careers do better our world. And who knows...maybe this article will help to ignite that spark to even consider a STEM related career?
Peace & joy.
The IEEE Orlando Section congratulates our new Senior Member!:
- Gregory Welch
The last A&A Review Panel meeting was held on 7 February 2015 in New Orleans, LA. The next Senior Member Review Panel Meeting will be held on 7 March 2015 in Charleston, SC.
For details on how to apply for IEEE Senior Member grade and view the 2015 review panel meeting dates, visit the IEEE Senior Member homepage. For Senior Member inquiries, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helpful Senior Member web links:
- Senior Member Update
- Senior Member Application
- Senior Member Reference Form
- Senior Member Nomination Event Guide
- Identify members you wish to recruit for senior membership elevation:
- Click on Access SAMIEEE (systems asks twice)
- Log in with IEEE username/password
- Click on catalog
- Double click on Shared Folder
- Click on SAMIEEE
- Click on Geographic Predefined Queries
- Click on (GEO) SM Upgrade - 1st Level Requirements
Volunteers with access to SAMIEEE can run a predefined query - Senior Member Upgrade - 1st Level Requirements.
Do you know what the IEEE Member Discounts program does for IEEE members? Here are some important facts about this program:
- More than 70,000 IEEE members use at least one of the benefits in the Member Discounts program.
- Member Discounts products and services are supported by contracts between IEEE and providers, vetted by the professional staff and volunteers.**
- Member Discounts help to support the personal and professional needs of IEEE members throughout their careers, and are portable when they change employers.
- Not all Member Discounts insurance plans and product discounts are available in every country; however, members can find many benefits available in a number of countries, with more being added each year. In fact, the insurance program now spans 84 countries!
- Member Discounts are promoted at no cost to any member and more than $5.3 million in annual non-dues revenue from these programs benefit members worldwide.
Discover what IEEE Member Discounts can offer you. The Member Discounts portfolio consists of insurance products and programs for the home, office and travel, all at excellent group rates and reduced pricing. Visit IEEE Member Discounts to see what’s available in your location and enjoy the savings.
** We can assist with developing local benefits, too. Contact L.Koblin@ieee.org for more information.
IEEE Orlando Section.