IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - Vol. 48, No. 5 - May 2015
Section/Society Chapter/Affinity Group Events
- IEEE Orlando Section 2015 Star Search and Scholarship Awards
- Report on Annual Picnic
- SoutheastCon 2015 Images
- WMFE Public Relations sound - Join/Renew IEEE or an IEEE Society
- Refer a Colleague, Get Great Merchandise
- Call for Volunteers for Chapter Officers and Committee Officers
- IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - May 2015: HTML - PDF
- Region 3 Annual Meeting: Membership Development Report - April 2015 - Appendix
- IEEE MD Monthly - March 2015
- IEEE Region 3 newsletter
- IEEE Computer Society is Offering a FREE FIRST Download for Any Publication of Your Choice
IEEE Conferences/Annual Meetings/Courses
Other IEEE News/Events
- IEEE Member Discounts
- IEEE Member Benefits Bulletin: February 2015
- SOCIETY SENTINEL
- IEEE USA Today's Engineer
- IEEE TA Spotlight
- Latest IEEE-USA E-Books’ Free Offerings to Members
- IEEE MGA SCOOP NEWSLETTER
- IEEE HISTORY CENTER NEWSLETTER
Date: Tuesday, May 12, 2015
Time: 6:30 - 7:00 pm - Social and Dinner; 7:00 - 8:00 pm Executive Committee Meeting
Place: Orlando Business Development Center,
District 2 (affiliated with the UCF and the S.B.A.) at 3218 East Colonial Drive, Suite #G,
Orlando, FL 32802
Directions: In Herndon Plaza just east of Maguire Blvd. This is the shopping center across Colonial Drive from Fashion Square. It is on the west end of the building, around the building at the Southwest corner from the HH Gregg entrance.
Cost: Meeting attendance is free to all IEEE members and Non-IEEE members.
RSVP: Stanley Buchanan, stanbuchanan@IEEE.org, tel. 407-256-3329
To All IEEE Orlando Section
Just a little report on the annual picnic held Saturday, April 18th, 2015 at Banchard Park. The picnic was very enjoyable with a moderate attendance. The attendees were UCF and Valencia students, a few from industry and retirees (myself included). The food was excellent, barbeque vended by Bubbalous and Fresh barbequed salmon prepared by Mike Orlovsky. The students played games, while others chatted and enjoyed the wonderful day. It would have been great to have had others attend, but understand the overall situation. Hopefully next year we will have more.
All in all it was a great picnic and a lot of thanks goes to Ravi Rajaravivarma for pulling the picnic together and Mike Orlovsky for his "getting to be famous salmon".
IEEE Orlando Section
Below is a brief statement about the resources available from Brainfiller that the IEEE- PES
members, associates and interested parties can realize per Bill's class Tuesday,
April 21, 2015. Feel free to review this info as well, to recognize that live training modules are available for procurement.
those interested (utility companies/Eng firms/govt offices), please let Jim Phillips know at
email@example.com so that you may be
able to participate and have access first hand to live training on the topic of arch flash.
ArcFlashForum.com | Brainfiller.com Two great resources for arc flash, electrical safety and electrical power systems can be found at: ArcFlashForum.com and Brainfiller.com The forum has thousands of technical discussions regarding arc flash studies, labeling and protection requirements and you can join to become part of the conversation. Brainfiller's Library contains many technical articles and resources about electrical power systems and arc flash studies.
Simon Echeverry, IEEE Member
Chapter Chair, PES/PELS/IAS Orlando Section
Do you know what the IEEE Member Discounts program does for IEEE members? Here are some important facts about this program:
- More than 70,000 IEEE members use at least one of the benefits in the Member Discounts program.
- Member Discounts products and services are supported by contracts between IEEE and providers, vetted by the professional staff and volunteers.**
- Member Discounts help to support the personal and professional needs of IEEE members throughout their careers, and are portable when they change employers.
- Not all Member Discounts insurance plans and product discounts are available in every country; however, members can find many benefits available in a number of countries, with more being added each year. In fact, the insurance program now spans 84 countries!
- Member Discounts are promoted at no cost to any member and more than $5.3 million in annual non-dues revenue from these programs benefit members worldwide.
Discover what IEEE Member Discounts can offer you. The Member Discounts portfolio consists of insurance products and programs for the home, office and travel, all at excellent group rates and reduced pricing. Visit IEEE Member Discounts to see what’s available in your location and enjoy the savings.
** We can assist with developing local benefits, too. Contact L.Koblin@ieee.org for more information.
IEEE Orlando Section.