IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - Vol. 49, No. 11 - December 2016
Section/Society Chapter/Affinity Group Events
- IEEE Orlando Section Annual Election - Deadline Dec. 12th 2016 at 12:00 PM
- Feb. 18 - Orlando Science Center Science Competitions
- IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - December 2016: HTML - PDF
- IEEE Membership Development Report - October 2016
- IEEE Region 3 Newsletter
- 2016 3rd Quarter AICN Consultants Newsletter
IEEE Conferences/Annual Meetings/Courses
- Jan. 23-26, 2017 Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium (RAMS), Rosen Plaza Hotel Orlando, FL
- Apr. 24-25, 2017 IEEE MTT-S Wireless & Microwave Technology Conference, Hilton Cocoa Beach, Cocoa Beach, FL
- May 30 - Jun 02, 2017 IEEE 67th Electronic Components and Technology Conference (ECTC), Walt Disney Swan & Dolphin, Orlando, FL
- May 30 - Jun 02, 2017 16th IEEE Intersociety Conference on Thermal and Thermomechanical Phenomena in Electronic Systems (ITherm), Disney Swan Hotel, Orlando, FL
- Oct. 1-5, 2017 IEEE Photonics Conference (IPC), Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa, Orlando
Other IEEE News/Events
- Refer a Colleague, Get Great Merchandise
- IEEE Collabratec
- IEEE Member Discounts
- IEEE Member Benefits Bulletin
- SOCIETY SENTINEL
- The Institute Online
- IEEE USA Today's Engineer
- IEEE TA Spotlight
- Latest IEEE-USA E-Books’ Free Offerings to Members
- IEEE MGA SCOOP NEWSLETTER
- IEEE HISTORY CENTER NEWSLETTER
Date: Tuesday, December 13th 2016
Time: 6:30 pm - 7:00 pm: Social and Dinner; 7:00 - 8:00 pm: Executive Committee Meeting
Place: Golden Corral at 8032 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
Cost: Meeting attendance is free to all IEEE members and Non-IEEE members.
RSVP: Ravi Rajaravivarma, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please RSVP on or before December 11, 2016 and be at the restaurant at or very close to 6:30 P.M. ordering time.
A non-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest professional association for the advancement of technology.
My name is Martin Galassini and I am the judging coordinator for OSC Kinetic Challenge and Science Challenge. How can we get to the local IEEE member for judging these events.
Kinetic Challenge will be held 2/18/17 at the OSC from 8 am till noon. The students will be junior 5th and 6th grades and seniors 7th and 8th grades.
Science Challenge all students who have won their competitions in physical sciences are invited to attend. Cash awards are presented to the winners in each category and best in fair cash award for college expenses. I need names and e-mail address for potential judges. Additional info can be provided upon request.
Martin E. Galassini
Do you know what the IEEE Member Discounts program does for IEEE members? Here are some important facts about this program:
- More than 70,000 IEEE members use at least one of the benefits in the Member Discounts program.
- Member Discounts products and services are supported by contracts between IEEE and providers, vetted by the professional staff and volunteers.**
- Member Discounts help to support the personal and professional needs of IEEE members throughout their careers, and are portable when they change employers.
- Not all Member Discounts insurance plans and product discounts are available in every country; however, members can find many benefits available in a number of countries, with more being added each year. In fact, the insurance program now spans 84 countries!
- Member Discounts are promoted at no cost to any member and more than $5.3 million in annual non-dues revenue from these programs benefit members worldwide.
Discover what IEEE Member Discounts can offer you. The Member Discounts portfolio consists of insurance products and programs for the home, office and travel, all at excellent group rates and reduced pricing. Visit IEEE Member Discounts to see what’s available in your location and enjoy the savings.
** We can assist with developing local benefits, too. Contact L.Koblin@ieee.org for more information.
IEEE Orlando Section.