IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - Vol. 51, No. 6 - June 2018
Section/Society Chapter/Affinity Group Events
- June 19th: IEEE Orlando Section Joint General Meeting/WIE Affinity Group Meeting at the Dr. Phillips House downtown
- July: No General IEEE Orlando Section Members Meeting this month
- STEM Related Community Volunteer Opportunities Portal
- 2018 Annual Picnic Pictures from Wekiva Island
- Call for Orlando Section Volunteers for SoutheastCon 2022
- Call for Volunteers for Section Treasurer, Chapter Officers and Committee Officers
- Professional Activities (PACE) Report: June 2018
- IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - June 2018: HTML - PDF
- Region 3 Membership Development Report - March 2018
- IEEE Region 3 Newsletter
- 2018 IEEE-USA 1st Quarter Consultants Newsletter
Local Job Openings
- Robotics Part Time Faculty Member Position Available at Valencia College
Other IEEE News/Events
- TryEngineering Summer Camps Powered by IEEE are Here!
- Refer a Colleague, Get Great Merchandise
- IEEE Collabratec
- IEEE Member Discounts
- IEEE Member Benefits Bulletin
- SOCIETY SENTINEL
- The Institute Online
- IEEE USA Today's Engineer
- IEEE TA Spotlight
- Latest IEEE-USA E-Books' Free Offerings to Members
- IEEE MGA SCOOP NEWSLETTER
- IEEE HISTORY CENTER NEWSLETTER
IEEE Orlando Section Joint General Meeting/WIE Affinity Group Meeting at the Dr. Phillips House downtown
Guest Speaker: Rachel Hutter, Senior Vice President at theWalt Disney Company of International Facilities Operations Services and Worldwide Safety & Health and Engineering
Date: Tuesday, June 19th, 2018
Time: 6:30 pm - 7:00 pm: Social and Refreshments; 7:00 - 8:30 pm: General Meeting
Place: The historic Dr. Phillips House at 135 N. Lucerne Circle in Downtown Orlando
Parking: The MAP is marked to show the locations for complimentary parking. We may park in front of the Dr. Phillips House and along one side of the street in front of the home. We may also park in the Parking Garage, 500 Delaney Avenue (the lower level or upper level). And we may also park behind the Dr. Phillips House in a lot under the overpass which is not shown on the map
Cost: Meeting attendance is free to all IEEE members and Non-IEEE members.
RSVP: Deb Hall, email@example.com
WebEx Meeting Info: 6:30 pm | Eastern Standard Time (New York, GMT-05:00) | 2 hrs
Meeting URL: https://ieeemeetings.webex.com/ieeemeetings/j.php?MTID=m500b4bf5f60fe0d309e859c9c492ae0f
Meeting number: 595 449 354
Join from a video conferencing system or application
You can also dial 126.96.36.199 and enter your meeting number.
Join by phone +1 210 606 9466 US Toll +1 866 282 7366 US Toll Free Access code: 595 449 354 Global call-in numbers | Toll-free calling restrictions
Add this meeting to your calendar. (Cannot add from mobile devices.)
Can't join the meeting? Contact support.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this WebEx service allows audio and other information sent during the session to be recorded, which may be discoverable in a legal matter. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to being recorded, discuss your concerns with the host or do not join the session.
A non-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest professional association for the advancement of technology.
The Orlando Section is looking to host the SoutheastCon 2022 in Orlando, FL in early 2022. Four years away but the planning needs to start now. Up first is the application to Region 3 where we need to identify Orlando section members to fulfill key roles in the event. Roles include Conference Treasurer and Publication Chair along with vice chairs for Conference Treasurer, Conference Information, Conference Publications, and Conference Technical Program. The planning committee is also being established. Please contact Varadraj Prabhu by May 10th if you are interested in supporting the SoutheastCon 2022 in Orlando, FL.
The Orlando Section is currently seeking volunteers for Section Treasurer, Chapter Officers and Committee Officers. Interested individuals should e-mail the Section Chair Deb Hall at, firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an information session and interview.
Do you know what the IEEE Member Discounts program does for IEEE members? Here are some important facts about this program:
- More than 70,000 IEEE members use at least one of the benefits in the Member Discounts program.
- Member Discounts products and services are supported by contracts between IEEE and providers, vetted by the professional staff and volunteers.**
- Member Discounts help to support the personal and professional needs of IEEE members throughout their careers, and are portable when they change employers.
- Not all Member Discounts insurance plans and product discounts are available in every country; however, members can find many benefits available in a number of countries, with more being added each year. In fact, the insurance program now spans 84 countries!
- Member Discounts are promoted at no cost to any member and more than $5.3 million in annual non-dues revenue from these programs benefit members worldwide.
Discover what IEEE Member Discounts can offer you. The Member Discounts portfolio consists of insurance products and programs for the home, office and travel, all at excellent group rates and reduced pricing. Visit IEEE Member Discounts to see what's available in your location and enjoy the savings.
** We can assist with developing local benefits, too. Contact L.Koblin@ieee.org for more information.
IEEE Orlando Section.