IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - Vol. 51, No. 3 - March 2018
Section/Society Chapter/Affinity Group Events
- Mar. 20th: Joint General IEEE Orlando Section Members Meeting & PES/IAS/PELS Technical Meeting
- Apr. 7th: IEEE Orlando Section Annual Picnic at Wekiva Island
- Call for Volunteers for Section Treasurer, Chapter Officers and Committee Officers
- STEM Related Community Volunteer Opportunities Portal
- Science Challenge
- IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - March 2018: HTML - PDF
- PACE Reports: March 2018, February 2018, January 2018
- IEEE Region 3 Newsletter
- 2017 IEEE-USA 4th Quarter Consultants Newsletter
- IEEE Orlando Section congratulates the winner of the 2018 IEEE Region 3 Outstanding Engineering Educator Award: Scott Clary
- IEEE Orlando Section Congratulates Our New Senior Members!
- IEEE Orlando Section Senior Member publishes another book: "Novel Ideal for Successful Innovations: The Way to Wealth" by M.H. Hassan, PhD, PE, Senior Member IEEE
IEEE Conferences/Annual Meetings/Courses/Sponsored Events
- April 9 - 10: IEEE Wireless & Microwave Technology Conference (WAMICON) - Sheraton Sand Key, Sand Key, Florida
- April 10 - 12: IEEE International Conference on RFID - Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Florida
- April 11: IEEE Young Professional Meet-up at the Icebar - Orange County Convention Center, Orlando
- May 29 - June 01: Electronic Components and Technology Conference (ECTC) - Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina in San Diego, CA.
- Mar. 28th: Florida State Science and Engineering Fair - Lakeland Civic Center. Volunteer Judges are still needed. Contact Nancy Besley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 15 - 16: International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) - Pittsburgh, PA at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center. Volunteer Judges are still needed. Contact Chuck Vukotich at ISEF@pitt.edu
Other IEEE News/Events
- TryEngineering Summer Camps Powered by IEEE are Here!
- Refer a Colleague, Get Great Merchandise
- IEEE Collabratec
- IEEE Member Discounts
- IEEE Member Benefits Bulletin
- SOCIETY SENTINEL
- The Institute Online
- IEEE USA Today's Engineer
- IEEE TA Spotlight
- Latest IEEE-USA E-Books' Free Offerings to Members
- IEEE MGA SCOOP NEWSLETTER
- IEEE HISTORY CENTER NEWSLETTER
Technical Guest Speaker: Chris Lock, Solutions Operations Manager for Siemens Industry
Date: Tuesday, March 20th, 2018
Time: 6:30 pm - 7:00 pm: Social and Refreshments; 7:00 - 8:30 pm: Executive Committee Meeting
Place: The historic Dr. Phillips House at 135 N. Lucerne Circle in Downtown Orlando
Parking: The MAP is marked to show the locations for complimentary parking. We may park in front of the Dr. Phillips House and along one side of the street in front of the home. We may also park in the Parking Garage, 500 Delaney Avenue (the lower level or upper level). And we may also park behind the Dr. Phillips House in a lot under the overpass which is not shown on the map
Cost: Meeting attendance is free to all IEEE members and Non-IEEE members.
Web Ex: Join meeting in my WebEx Personal Room: https://ieeemeetings.webex.com/ieeemeetings/j.php?MTID=m500b4bf5f60fe0d309e859c9c492ae0f | 921 397 998
Join by phone: 1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada); 1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)
Access code: 921 397 998
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this WebEx service allows audio and other information sent during the session to be recorded, which may be discoverable in a legal matter. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to being recorded, discuss your concerns with the host or do not join the session.
RSVP: Deb Hall, email@example.com .
A non-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest professional association for the advancement of technology.
The Orlando Section is currently seeking volunteers for Section Treasurer, Chapter Officers and Committee Officers. Interested individuals should e-mail the Section Chair Deb Hall at, firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an information session and interview.
The Science Challenge is held each year as a follow-on to the county science fairs. The winners in each category are invited to take part in the Science Challenge. The event is held at the Orlando Science Center on Saturday, March 10th from 7:30 AM till 2 PM. A lunch is provided for the judges. The awards are presented on Saturday at 2 PM.
If you are interested please provide your name, and an e-mail address so we can contact you. A data package will be e-mailed to you mid February detailing all information for the Science Challenge.
I am looking forward to hearing from you and working with you on this project.
If you know anyone who would like to get involved judging this event or any other event, please forward this e-mail to them.
Marty Galassini, Judging Coordinator for the OSC Science Challenge
email@example.com or 407-349-9715.
Do you know what the IEEE Member Discounts program does for IEEE members? Here are some important facts about this program:
- More than 70,000 IEEE members use at least one of the benefits in the Member Discounts program.
- Member Discounts products and services are supported by contracts between IEEE and providers, vetted by the professional staff and volunteers.**
- Member Discounts help to support the personal and professional needs of IEEE members throughout their careers, and are portable when they change employers.
- Not all Member Discounts insurance plans and product discounts are available in every country; however, members can find many benefits available in a number of countries, with more being added each year. In fact, the insurance program now spans 84 countries!
- Member Discounts are promoted at no cost to any member and more than $5.3 million in annual non-dues revenue from these programs benefit members worldwide.
Discover what IEEE Member Discounts can offer you. The Member Discounts portfolio consists of insurance products and programs for the home, office and travel, all at excellent group rates and reduced pricing. Visit IEEE Member Discounts to see what's available in your location and enjoy the savings.
** We can assist with developing local benefits, too. Contact L.Koblin@ieee.org for more information.
IEEE Orlando Section.