IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - Vol. 53, No. 11 - December 2019
Section/Society Chapter/Affinity Group Events
- January 2020 IEEE Foundation Events
- Call for Orlando Section Volunteers for Southeast Conference 2023
- Call for Volunteers for Chapter Officers and Committee Officers
- STEM Related Community Volunteer Opportunities Portal
- IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - December 2019: HTML - PDF
- IEEE Region 3 Newsletter
- 3rd Quarter IEEE-USA Consultants Newsletter
Local Job Openings
- The Kennedy Space Center Energy and Water Conservation Manager’s position
- Engineering Project Support in Orlando, $18.00/hour
- IEEE 1394 Opportunity
- EE: Junior EE, recently graduated or little experience
Low voltage design experience
Auto CAD experience
Diagram and schematics reading and design
PLC and automation experience is a plus.
Internship: PLC cabinets and control cabinets assembly Low voltage applications hands-on Reading schematics and diagrams Able to adapt and quickly learn Possible testing and ladder logic programming Paid 3, 6 and 9 month programs available Flexible days and hours.
Both positions are located in Sanford, FL. Contact: Christian Bakalov, firstname.lastname@example.org, 407-779-5502
- Interested in teaching controls technology? Have at least a Bachelor's degree? If so, then please feel free to contact Dr. Deb Hall at email@example.com so that we can bring you on board Valencia College's Energy Management and Controls Technology team as a Part Time Faculty Member!
Other IEEE News/Events
- IEEE Collabratec
- IEEE Member Discounts
- SOCIETY SENTINEL
- The Institute Online
- IEEE USA Today's Engineer
- IEEE TA Spotlight
- Latest IEEE-USA E-Books' Free Offerings to Members
- IEEE MGA SCOOP NEWS
- IEEE HISTORY CENTER NEWS
Date: Monday, December 23rd, 2019
Time: 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Topic: Annual Election Result Certification
Webex conferencing and dial-in information is below:
Meeting number: 590 419 981
Meeting password: ftef5PHv
Join from a video conferencing system or application
You can also dial 126.96.36.199 and enter your meeting number.
To dial from an IEEE Video Conference System: *1 590 419 981
Join by phone
+1-415-655-0002 United States Toll
+1-855-282-6330 United States Toll Free
Access code: 590 419 981
Global call-in numbers | Toll-free calling restrictions
Add this meeting to your calendar. (Cannot add from mobile devices.)
Can't join the meeting? Contact support.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this Webex service allows audio and other information sent during the session to be recorded, which may be discoverable in a legal matter. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to being recorded, discuss your concerns with the host or do not join the session.
A non-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest professional association for the advancement of technology.
The IEEE Orlando Section is looking to host the Southeast Conference 2023 in Orlando, Florida in early 2023. About 3 more years away but the planning needs to start now. Up first is the application to Region 3 where we need to identify Orlando section members to fulfill key roles in the event. Roles include:
- Conference Chair
- Conference Vice Chairs
- Conference Paper Chair
- Conference Student Chair
- Conference Publication Chair
- Conference Information
- Conference Program
- Conference Treasurer
- Conference Publications
- Conference Technical Program
The Orlando Section is currently seeking volunteers for Chapter Officers and Committee Officers. Interested individuals should e-mail the Section Chair Joe Juisai at, firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an information session and interview.
IEEE members can save on insurance and a variety of products and services (where available) as a perk of IEEE membership. Discover what IEEE Member Discounts can offer you.
IEEE Orlando Section.