IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - Vol. 52, No. 3 - March 2019
Section/Society Chapter/Affinity Group Events
- Mar. 19th: Joint EXCOM Meeting/PACE Meeting - Dr. Phillips House downtown Orlando
- Apr. 2, 9, 16, 23: PES/PEL/IAS Joint Chapter - Spring Tutorial - OUC Pershing
- Chair's Corner - Joe Juisai
- IEEE Orlando Section 2018 Holiday End of Year Celebration Event Pictures
- IEEE Orlando Section 2018 Annual Awards Banquet Pictures
- Call for Orlando Section Volunteers for SoutheastCon 2022
- Call for Volunteers for Chapter Officers and Committee Officers
- STEM Related Community Volunteer Opportunities Portal
- IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - March 2019: HTML - PDF
- IEEE Region 3 Membership Report - December 2018
- R5 ME Call - Where are my members
- IEEE WOMEN IN ENGINEERING AFFINITY GROUPS
- IEEE Region 3 Newsletter
- 2018 IEEE-USA 4th Quarter IEEE-USA Consultants Newsletter
Local Job Openings
- Valencia College Full Time Tenure Track Engineering Faculty Position - Contact Person: Dr. Mohua Kar
- Forensic Electrical Engineer Expert Witness
- Security Design Leader - Justice Facilities
IEEE Conferences/Annual Meetings/Workshops/Courses/Sponsored Events
- Mar. 4-8, 2019. IEEE Industry Applications Society: Electrical Safety Workshop, Jacksonville, FL
- Mar. 14 - Webinar: Contracts and Contract Provisions - Other Important Aspects to Consider
- Apr. 8-9, 2019: IEEE Wireless and Microwave Technology Conference (WAMICON 2019), Cocoa Beach, FL
- Apr. 11-15, 2019: SoutheastCon 2019, Huntsville, AL
Other IEEE News/Events
- IEEE Collabratec
- IEEE Member Discounts
- SOCIETY SENTINEL
- The Institute Online
- IEEE USA Today's Engineer
- IEEE TA Spotlight
- Latest IEEE-USA E-Books' Free Offerings to Members
IEEE Orlando Section Joint Executive Committee (ExCom) Meeting / Professional Activities Committees for Engineers (PACE) Meeting
Topic: “Resume Writing and What Hiring Managers Want to See on a Resume”
Guest Speaker: Joe Juisai, IEEE Orlando Section Chair
Date: Tuesday, March 19th, 2019
Time: 6:30 pm - 7:00 pm: Social and Refreshments; 7:00 - 8:30 pm: General Meeting
Place: The historic Dr. Phillips House at 135 N. Lucerne Circle in Downtown Orlando
1) From I-4 Eastbound, take exit 82A to merge onto FL-408 Eastbound
2) From FL-408 Eastbound, take exit 10C toward FL-527/Orange Ave/Downtown
3) Keep left at the fork to continue toward Delaney Ave
4) Turn left onto Delaney Ave
5) Then immediately turn left onto N Lucerne Cir E
6) Look for the Dr. Phillips House on the right side of the road at 135 N Lucerne Cir E, Orlando, FL 32801
Parking: The MAP is marked to show the locations for complimentary parking. We may park in front of the Dr. Phillips House and along one side of the street in front of the home. We may also park in the Parking Garage, 500 Delaney Avenue (the lower level or upper level). And we may also park behind the Dr. Phillips House in a lot under the overpass which is not shown on the map
Cost: Meeting attendance is free to all IEEE members and Non-IEEE members.
RSVP: Varadraj Prabhu Gurupur
Webex conferencing and dial-in information is below:
Orlando EXCOM Monthly Meeting
The 3rd Tuesday of every month, from Tuesday, January 15, 2019, to Tuesday, December 17, 2019
7:00 pm | Eastern Standard Time (New York, GMT-05:00) | 1 hr
Meeting number: 592 022 201
Meeting password: nKUPRmUW
Join from a video conferencing system or application
You can also dial 126.96.36.199 and enter your meeting number.
Join by phone
+1 210 606 9466 US Toll
+1 866 282 7366 US Toll Free
Access code: 592 022 201
Global call-in numbers | Toll-free calling restrictions
Add this meeting to your calendar. (Cannot add from mobile devices.)
Can't join the meeting? Contact support.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this Webex service allows audio and other information sent during the session to be recorded, which may be discoverable in a legal matter. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to being recorded, discuss your concerns with the host or do not join the session.
A non-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest professional association for the advancement of technology.
The Science Challenge is held each year as a follow-on to the county science fairs.
The winners in each category are invited to take part in the Science Challenge. The event is held at the Orlando Science
Center on Saturday, March 9th from 7:30 AM till 2 PM. A lunch is provided for the judges. The awards are presented on
Saturday at 2 PM.
If you are interested please provide your name phone number, also an e-mail address so we can contact you. A data package will be e-mailed to you end February detailing all information for the Science Challenge.
I am looking forward to hearing from you and working with you on this project.
If you know anyone who would like to get involved judging this event or any other event, please forward this e-mail to them.
Judging Coordinator for the OSC Science Challenge
E-mail Martin8367@aol.com or 407-349-9715
The Orlando Section is looking to host the SoutheastCon 2022 in Orlando, FL in early 2022. Four years away but the planning needs to start now. Up first is the application to Region 3 where we need to identify Orlando section members to fulfill key roles in the event. Roles include Conference Treasurer and Publication Chair along with vice chairs for Conference Treasurer, Conference Information, Conference Publications, and Conference Technical Program. The planning committee is also being established. Please contact Varadraj Prabhu by May 10th if you are interested in supporting the SoutheastCon 2022 in Orlando, FL.
The Orlando Section is currently seeking volunteers for Chapter Officers and Committee Officers. Interested individuals should e-mail the Section Chair Joe Juisai at, email@example.com to schedule an information session and interview.
Do you know what the IEEE Member Discounts program does for IEEE members? Here are some important facts about this program:
- More than 70,000 IEEE members use at least one of the benefits in the Member Discounts program.
- Member Discounts products and services are supported by contracts between IEEE and providers, vetted by the professional staff and volunteers.**
- Member Discounts help to support the personal and professional needs of IEEE members throughout their careers, and are portable when they change employers.
- Not all Member Discounts insurance plans and product discounts are available in every country; however, members can find many benefits available in a number of countries, with more being added each year. In fact, the insurance program now spans 84 countries!
- Member Discounts are promoted at no cost to any member and more than $5.3 million in annual non-dues revenue from these programs benefit members worldwide.
Discover what IEEE Member Discounts can offer you. The Member Discounts portfolio consists of insurance products and programs for the home, office and travel, all at excellent group rates and reduced pricing. Visit IEEE Member Discounts to see what's available in your location and enjoy the savings.
** We can assist with developing local benefits, too. Contact L.Koblin@ieee.org for more information.
IEEE Orlando Section.