IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - Vol. 53, No. 9 - October 2019
Section/Society Chapter/Affinity Group Events
- Oct. 15: Joint IEEE Orlando Section ExCom Meeting/Communications & Signal Processing Society at Dr. Phillips House
- Oct. 26: IEEE Orlando Section's Conference at UCF
- IEEE Orlando Section Call for Nominations
- IEEE Orlando - Section's Conference - October 2019
- Call for Orlando Section Volunteers for Southeast Conference 2023
- Call for Volunteers for Chapter Officers and Committee Officers
- STEM Related Community Volunteer Opportunities Portal
- IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - October 2019: HTML - PDF
- IEEE Region 3 Membership Report - July 2019
- IEEE Region 3 Newsletter
- 2nd Quarter IEEE-USA Consultants Newsletter
Local Job Openings
- EE: Junior EE, recently graduated or little experience
Low voltage design experience
Auto CAD experience
Diagram and schematics reading and design
PLC and automation experience is a plus.
Internship: PLC cabinets and control cabinets assembly Low voltage applications hands-on Reading schematics and diagrams Able to adapt and quickly learn Possible testing and ladder logic programming Paid 3, 6 and 9 month programs available Flexible days and hours.
Both positions are located in Sanford, FL. Contact: Christian Bakalov, firstname.lastname@example.org, 407-779-5502
- Interested in teaching controls technology? Have at least a Bachelor's degree? If so, then please feel free to contact Dr. Deb Hall at email@example.com so that we can bring you on board Valencia College's Energy Management and Controls Technology team as a Part Time Faculty Member!
- EE: Junior EE, recently graduated or little experience Low voltage design experience Auto CAD experience Diagram and schematics reading and design PLC and automation experience is a plus.
Other IEEE News/Events
- IEEE Collabratec
- IEEE Member Discounts
- SOCIETY SENTINEL
- The Institute Online
- IEEE USA Today's Engineer
- IEEE TA Spotlight
- Latest IEEE-USA E-Books' Free Offerings to Members
- IEEE MGA SCOOP NEWS
- IEEE HISTORY CENTER NEWS
Date: Tuesday, October 15th, 2019
Time: 6:30 pm - 7:00 pm: Social and Dinner; 7:00 - 8:00 pm: Executive Committee Meeting
Place: Dr. Phillips House, 135 N. Lucerne Cir. E., Orlando, FL 32801.
Topic: Security of SDN/NFV and Virtualized Networks https://www.comsoc.org/ashutosh-dutta-0
Speaker: Distinguished Lecturer from the Communications Society: Ashutosh Dutta, Ph.D.
Cost: Meeting attendance is free to all IEEE members and Non-IEEE members.
RSVP: Varadraj Prabhu Gurupur
Webex conferencing and dial-in information is below:
Orlando EXCOM Monthly Meeting
The 3rd Tuesday of every month, from Tuesday, January 15, 2019, to Tuesday, December 17, 2019
7:00 pm | Eastern Standard Time (New York, GMT-05:00) | 1 hr
Meeting number: 592 022 201
Meeting password: nKUPRmUW
Join from a video conferencing system or application
You can also dial 188.8.131.52 and enter your meeting number.
Join by phone
+1 210 606 9466 US Toll
+1 866 282 7366 US Toll Free
Access code: 592 022 201
Global call-in numbers | Toll-free calling restrictions
Add this meeting to your calendar. (Cannot add from mobile devices.)
Can't join the meeting? Contact support.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this Webex service allows audio and other information sent during the session to be recorded, which may be discoverable in a legal matter. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to being recorded, discuss your concerns with the host or do not join the session.
A non-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest professional association for the advancement of technology.
The IEEE Orlando Section Nominations Committee is currently seeking qualified candidates to be considered for positions on the 2020 Section Executive Committee during the annual election. Nominations are now being accepted for the positions of:
- Section Chair
- Section Vice Chair
- Section Secretary
- Section Treasurer
The IEEE Orlando Section is looking to host the Southeast Conference 2023 in Orlando, Florida in early 2023. About 3 more years away but the planning needs to start now. Up first is the application to Region 3 where we need to identify Orlando section members to fulfill key roles in the event. Roles include:
- Conference Chair
- Conference Vice Chairs
- Conference Paper Chair
- Conference Student Chair
- Conference Publication Chair
- Conference Information
- Conference Program
- Conference Treasurer
- Conference Publications
- Conference Technical Program
The Orlando Section is currently seeking volunteers for Chapter Officers and Committee Officers. Interested individuals should e-mail the Section Chair Joe Juisai at, firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an information session and interview.
IEEE members can save on insurance and a variety of products and services (where available) as a perk of IEEE membership. Discover what IEEE Member Discounts can offer you.
IEEE Orlando Section.