IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - Vol. 54, No. 11 - December 2020
Section/Society Chapter/Affinity Group Events
- 2020 IEEE Orlando Section Annual Elections
- Dec. 2: So You Want to Become an IEEE Senior Member? (IEEE-USA Free Webinar)
- 2020 IEEE Orlando Section Awards and Student Scholarships
- Call for Volunteers for Chapter Officers and Committee Officers
- STEM Related Community Volunteer Opportunities Portal
- 2nd Quarter IEEE-USA Consultants Newsletter
- IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - December 2020: HTML - PDF
- IEEE Membership Development Report - August 2020
- IEEE Region 3 Newsletter
IEEE Conferences/Annual Meetings/Workshops/Courses/Sponsored Events
- Mar. 10-14, SoutheastCon 2021, Atlanta GA - Call for Papers
- Apr. 2021: IEEE Wireless and Microwave Technology Conference (WAMICON 2020), Clearwater, FL
Other IEEE News/Events
- IEEE Region 3 "Pandemic Projects" Information Sessions
- IEEE Virtual Events in vTools
- IEEE Virtual Events in IEEE Collabratec
- IEEE Life Members Committee Newsletter
- IEEE Collabratec
- IEEE Member Discounts
- SOCIETY SENTINEL
- The Institute Online
- IEEE USA Today's Engineer
- IEEE TA Spotlight
- Latest IEEE-USA E-Books' Free Offerings to Members
- IEEE MGA SCOOP NEWS
- IEEE HISTORY CENTER NEWS
Date: Tuesday, December 15th, 2020
Time: The EXCOM will meet from 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. The IEEE Orlando Communications and Signal Processing Societies Joint Chapter will follow the EXCOM with a Communications Society Virtual Distinguished Lecturer (VDL), from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Speaker and Topic: Radia Perlman, Ph.D. will be presenting "Network Myths, Missteps, and Mysteries" which covers the history of some of the key networking protocols, incorrect industry decisions that were made, and protocols that may not have been invented if corrected decisions had been made.
More info about vDLP at: https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/248787
Cost: Meeting attendance is free to all IEEE members and Non-IEEE members.
RSVP for ExCom Meeting: Steffen Camarato at email@example.com
RSVP for vDLP: https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/248787
Join WebEx meeting
Meeting number: 130 194 9413
Meeting password: XPpsMPGN722
A non-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest professional association for the advancement of technology.
The IEEE Orlando Section congratulates our new Section Award and Student Scholarship recipients:
- Engineering Educator: Varadraj Gurupur, Ph.D.
- Outstanding Graduate Award and Scholarship: Tao Zhan (UCF)
- Outstanding Undergraduate Award and Scholarship: Tamer Taha (Valencia)
- Graduate Student Scholarship: Ziqian He
- Graduate Student Scholarship: Steffen Camarato
Unfortunately, due to the current public health crisis, we will be unable to hold an in-person celebration this year to present the recipients with their respective award or scholarship check. Instead, we will ship their respective award or scholarship check to them.
The Orlando Section is currently seeking volunteers for Chapter Officers and Committee Officers. Interested individuals should e-mail the Section Chair Warren Macchi at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an information session and interview.
IEEE members can save on insurance and a variety of products and services (where available) as a perk of IEEE membership. Discover what IEEE Member Discounts can offer you.
IEEE Orlando Section.