IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - Vol. 55, No. 10 - November 2021
- Nov. 9: IEEE SoutheastCon 2023 - Conference Committee Meeting
- Nov. 16: 2021 IEEE Orlando Section Awards Banquet
- 2021 IEEE Orlando Section Annual Election
- Call for Volunteers for Chapter Officers and Committee Officers
- Valencia College Student Branch Pandemic Project:
- Sanitizing Drone, The Flying Cleaner
- UCF Student Branch Autonomous Disinfection Robot (ADR):
- IEEE UCF ADR Slide
- IEEE UCF ADR Prompt
- UCF IEEE Student Branch Discord Page
- UCF IEEE Student Branch Sponsorship Packet
- IEEE Photonics Establishment of a 'Student Task Force:
- 2nd Quarter IEEE-USA Consultants Newsletter
- IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - Nov 2021: HTML - PDF
- September 2021 IEEE Membership Development Report
- IEEE Region 3 Newsletter
- IEEE Annual Election - IEEE-USA President-Elect Candidates
- IEEE Virtual Events in vTools
- IEEE Virtual Events in IEEE Collabratec
- IEEE Member Discounts
- SOCIETY SENTINEL
- The Institute Online
- IEEE TA Spotlight
- Latest IEEE-USA E-Books' Free Offerings to Members
- IEEE MGA SCOOP NEWS
- IEEE HISTORY CENTER NEWS
Date: Tuesday, November 9th, 2021
Time: 7:00 pm
Contact: Joe Juisai at email@example.com for the meeting URL and RSVP
Join WebEx Meeting:
Meeting ID: 130 554 6762
Speaker: Dexter Hadley, MD/PhD
Topic: From Bits to Bedside™: Transforming Healthcare with Community-Driven AI.
Bio: Dexter Hadley, MD/PhD has expertise in translating big data into precision medicine and digital health. His research generates, annotates, and ultimately reasons over large multi-modal data stores to develop clinical intelligence, identify novel biomarkers and potential therapeutics for disease. He earned his PhD in genomics and computational biology while at medical school at PENN, and he trained in clinical pathology while at residency at Stanford. He first became faculty at University of California San Francisco where he has won various grant funding for developing deep learning methods in medicine including over $5M from NIH. His contributions have yielded well over 60 peer reviewed publications. Dr. Hadley is the Founding Chief of AI at UCF College of Medicine and he will introduce his vision for Community Driven AI and share how his team is building a community of patients, clinicians, and data scientists that is needed to make this concept a reality.
Date: Tuesday, November 16th, 2021
Time: 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Place: Dr. Phillips House, 135 N. Lucerne Cir. E., Orlando, FL 32801.
Cost: Banquet attendance is free to all IEEE members and Non-IEEE members.
RSVP: Pierce Mooney at firstname.lastname@example.org
The IEEE Orlando Section congratulates our new Senior Members:
- Enrique Gonzalez
- Shen Jen
- Leonard Kovalsky
- Richard Paradis
- Yina Wu
For details on how to apply for IEEE Senior Member grade and view the review panel meeting dates, visit the IEEE Senior Member homepage.For Senior Member inquiries, contact: email@example.com
- Helpful Senior Member web links :
- Senior Member Update
- Senior Member Application
- FAQ's: Senior Member Application, Nomination, and Reference Form
- IEEE Membership Pins
- Senior Member Nomination Event Guide
The IEEE Photonics Society is establishing a 'Student Task Force,' that will be led by the Society's Associate Vice President for Student Membership. The society is currently recruiting student leaders, i.e. AAS, undergraduate and graduate students, who are interested in volunteering and serving as strategic leaders. The Task Force will be responsible for driving student programs and recruitment initiatives in support of the Society's goal of delivering valuable member experiences and benefits globally. Orlando Section student members interested in being a Strategic Leader with the ‘Student Task Force’ with the IEEE Photonics Society are encouraged to apply to join this team and enhance their leadership experience and networking connections! Follow the link https://photonicssociety.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c12d174ec3dac950a7b464238&id=15f0462868&e=df59d8cc35 to apply.
The Orlando Section is currently seeking volunteers for Chapter Officers and Committee Officers. Interested individuals should e-mail the Section Chair Varadraj Gurupur at Varadraj.Gurupur@ucf.edu to schedule an information session and interview.
IEEE members can save on insurance and a variety of products and services (where available) as a perk of IEEE membership. Discover what IEEE Member Discounts can offer you.
IEEE Orlando Section.