IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - Vol. 55, No. 9 - October 2021
Section/Society Chapter/Affinity Group Events
- October 12: IEEE SoutheastCon 2023 - Conference Committee Meeting
- October 19: IEEE Orlando Section Executive Committee Meeting
- October 21: IEEE Orlando PES/PEL/IAS Joint Chapter: Challenges to Power System Protection in Presence of Renewables
- November 16: 2021 IEEE Orlando Section Awards Banquet
- IEEE Orlando Section Call for Nominations 2022
- Call for Volunteers for Chapter Officers and Committee Officers
Student Branch News
- Valencia College Student Branch Pandemic Project:
- Sanitizing Drone, The Flying Cleaner
- UCF Student Branch Autonomous Disinfection Robot (ADR):
- IEEE UCF ADR Slide
- IEEE UCF ADR Prompt
- UCF IEEE Student Branch Discord Page
- UCF IEEE Student Branch Sponsorship Packet
- IEEE Photonics Establishment of a 'Student Task Force:
- 2nd Quarter IEEE-USA Consultants Newsletter
- IEEE Orlando Section Monthly - Oct 2021: HTML - PDF
- IEEE Orlando PES/PEL/IAS Joint Chapter September 2021 Newsletter
- August 2021 IEEE Membership Development Report
- IEEE Region 3 Newsletter
Other IEEE News/Events
- IEEE Annual Election - IEEE-USA President-Elect Candidates
- IEEE Virtual Events in vTools
- IEEE Virtual Events in IEEE Collabratec
- IEEE Member Discounts
- SOCIETY SENTINEL
- The Institute Online
- IEEE TA Spotlight
- Latest IEEE-USA E-Books' Free Offerings to Members
- IEEE MGA SCOOP NEWS
- IEEE HISTORY CENTER NEWS
Date: Tuesday, October 12th, 2021
Time: 7:00 pm
Contact: Joe Juisai at firstname.lastname@example.org for the meeting URL and RSVP
Join WebEx Meeting:
Meeting ID: 130 234 3043
Date: Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Time: 6:30 pm
Place: Virtual (see below for instructions)
Cost: Meeting attendance is free to all IEEE members and Non-IEEE members.
RSVP for ExCom Meeting: Pierce Mooney at email@example.com
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
(For supported devices, tap a one-touch number below to join instantly.)
United States (Toll Free): 1 866 899 4679
- One-touch: tel:+18668994679,,441537237#
United States: +1 (571) 317-3116
- One-touch: tel:+15713173116,,441537237#
Access Code: 441-537-237
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts:
A non-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest professional association for the advancement of technology.
Date: Tuesday, November 16, 2021
Time: 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Place: Dr. Phillips House, 135 N. Lucerne Cir. E., Orlando, FL 32801.
Cost: Banquet attendance is free to all IEEE members and Non-IEEE members.
RSVP: Pierce Mooney at firstname.lastname@example.org
The IEEE Orlando Section Nominations Committee is currently seeking qualified candidates to be considered for positions on the 2022 Section Executive Committee during the annual election. Nominations are now being accepted for the positions of:
- Section Chair
- Section Vice Chair
- Section Secretary
- Section Treasurer
The term of service is one year beginning on January 01, 2022 and ending on December 31, 2022. See the IEEE Bylaws and IEEE Orlando Section Operating Procedures for more information regarding candidate requirements and position descriptions. Interested individuals should e-mail the Nominations Committee to schedule an information session and interview. For additional information please e-mail Joe Juisai at email@example.com.
- Nominations Committee:
- Joe Juisai (chair): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maneck Master: email@example.com
- Ian Mcilrath: Imcilrath@burnsmcd.com
- Mike Orlovsky: firstname.lastname@example.org
The IEEE Orlando Section congratulates our new Senior Members:
- Enrique Gonzalez
- Shen Jen
- Leonard Kovalsky
- Richard Paradis
- Yina Wu
For details on how to apply for IEEE Senior Member grade and view the review panel meeting dates, visit the IEEE Senior Member homepage.For Senior Member inquiries, contact: email@example.com
- Helpful Senior Member web links :
- Senior Member Update
- Senior Member Application
- FAQ's: Senior Member Application, Nomination, and Reference Form
- IEEE Membership Pins
- Senior Member Nomination Event Guide
The IEEE Photonics Society is establishing a 'Student Task Force,' that will be led by the Society's Associate Vice President for Student Membership. The society is currently recruiting student leaders, i.e. AAS, undergraduate and graduate students, who are interested in volunteering and serving as strategic leaders. The Task Force will be responsible for driving student programs and recruitment initiatives in support of the Society's goal of delivering valuable member experiences and benefits globally. Orlando Section student members interested in being a Strategic Leader with the ‘Student Task Force’ with the IEEE Photonics Society are encouraged to apply to join this team and enhance their leadership experience and networking connections! Follow the link https://photonicssociety.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c12d174ec3dac950a7b464238&id=15f0462868&e=df59d8cc35 to apply.
The Orlando Section is currently seeking volunteers for Chapter Officers and Committee Officers. Interested individuals should e-mail the Section Chair Varadraj Gurupur at Varadraj.Gurupur@ucf.edu to schedule an information session and interview.
IEEE members can save on insurance and a variety of products and services (where available) as a perk of IEEE membership. Discover what IEEE Member Discounts can offer you.
IEEE Orlando Section.