Register for the 2010 IAS Annual Meeting
Note: If you have already registered and want to add an additional event for yourself or guest(s) (NASA or Thermon tour, Sunday welcome reception, President's Award reception, extra CD), click on the registration link above and select the corresponding option on the first panel.
Please review the refund policy at the bottom of the page before registering.
Conference CDs and Tutorial MaterialConference CDs and tutorial material will be available after the conference, for $100 and $300, respectively. If interested, please contact Ms. Lynda Bernstein, IAS Administrator, at: email@example.com.
For individuals from outside the United States, refer to the visitor and visa information at the bottom of the page (including rules concerning people from non-visa countries).
The registration fees are structured as follows, with three broad categories:
- Full registration gives you access to all technical presentations, all tutorials, conference social functions, as well as related materials.
- Registration for "Technical sessions only" allows you access to the conference planned 22 technical sessions, as well as the conference CD and access to the conference social functions.
- Registration for "Tutorials only" makes it possible for you to choose several tutorials (no limit) from the conference extensive continuing education program. You will get the material from every tutorial as well as entry to the conference social functions.
- Some ŗ la carte registrations are also available.
In an effort to keep the cost of attending the conference well below its benefits, there are a number of discount opportunities, specifically for:
- Attendees who stay at Hyatt Regency Houston, the conference hotel. This discount, $300, is given because the hotel will charge the conference for the meeting rooms if the number of hotel rooms rented by conference attendees falls below a predetermined level. This discount is also available to residents of the greater Houston area.
- IEEE members: IEEE dues for the entire 2010 calendar year are $189 for members from the USA, and less so for others or for a partial year membership. Click on (https://ieee.org/web/membership/join/join.html) to join the IEEE. Discount for IEEE members is $200.
- Members of the IAS and of its sister societies: PES, PELS, IES, and IEEJ/AIE. IAS membership fee is $20 for IEEE members. Click (https://ieee.org/web/membership/join/join.html) to join the IAS. Discount for IAS members is $100, in addition to your $200 IEEE member discount.
- Registering early (on or before August 31st 2010, save $200).
- Student, retirees, IEEE Life members and the unemployed enjoy reduced rates as well.
To join IEEE or IAS click here.
The conference registration fees and the items included for each registration category are shown in the tables below.
Conference registration fees (U.S. Dollars)
|Registration type||Members, IAS or PES, PELS, IES, IEEJ/AIE||Members, IEEE||Non-IEEE members||Life Members||Students and unemployed|
|Full conference registration||Before 8/31||$500||$600||$800||$400||$400|
|Technical sessions only||Before 8/31||$400||$500||$700||$300||$300|
|Tutorials only||Before 8/31||$400||$500||$700||$300||$300|
|If not registered at hotel||Add||$300||$200||$0|
Items Included in each registration category:
|Conference Sessions||Tutorials||Committee Meetings||Conf. Record CD||Tutorial Material||Sunday Welcome Reception||Monday Myron Zucker Luncheon||Tuesday Presidentís Award Banquet|
|Full Conference||All||All||All||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes with student registration||Yes|
|Technical sessions only||All||No||Yes||No|
A La Carte Registration Fees
|On or before August 31, 2010||After August 31, 2010|
|Single tutorial (if more than 1, use Full registration or Tutorial registration)||$100||$200|
|Extra Conference CD||$75||$100|
|Sunday Welcome Reception||$10||$10|
|Tuesday President's Award Banquet||$30||$40|
|On or before August 31, 2010||After August 31, 2010|
|Guided tour of the NASA Johnson Space Center Houston, Houston, TX - Sunday, Oct 3, 2010||$55||$60|
|Thermon manufacturing plant, San Marcos, TX - Wednesday, Oct 6, 2010||$25||$30|
Additional fees for paper submissions as detailed in instructions sent to authors
|Before June 2, 2010|
|Per page fee for papers longer than 8 pages||$ 250|
For participants from outside the United States: Visitor authorization and Visa
Depending on where you are from, you may need a visa to enter the United States. Even if you do not need a visa, you may still need to fill out a "Travel authorization" in order to enter the United States.
If a visa is required for your country, we may be able to assist you:
Information about Invitation Letters for Visa Applications
If you do not need a visa because you are a national or citizen of a Visa Waiver Program (VWP) country, you will still be required to obtain travel authorization prior to initiating travel to the United States. There are currently 35 VWP countries, mostly in Europe, Japan, Australia, South Korea, etc. This authorization can be obtained online through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). For further details, see: https://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/without/without_1990.html.
A refund is possible before September 1, 2010. A $35 (US dollars) cancellation fee will be deducted from the paid registration fee.
All refund requests must be in writing (e-mail is preferred) and should be received by the Conference Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) before September 1, 2010. There will be no refunds for requests received after this date.
If an author has uploaded a paper using his/her registration, the registration will not be refunded, even if the paper is withdrawn.