Important UpdateThe NASA tour bus will pick up visitors on Oct 3, 8:15am at the Conference Hotel. (This is earlier than in previously posted schedules.)
Please note that the tour schedule has also changed.
To register for one or both of the IAS 2010 tours:
Note that space is limited on these tours. If a tour is overbooked, participants will be selected on a first come, first serve basis, and a full refund available to those who cannot participate.
- If you have not registered yet, simply add the tour(s) of your choice during the registration process.
- If you have already registered and want to add a tour for yourself or guest(s), go back to the registration link and choose the last option on the first panel.
Sunday, Oct 3, 2010 – NASA
Guided tour of the NASA Johnson Space Center Houston, Houston, TX
- Bus will pick up visitors on Oct 3, 8:15am at the Conference Hotel. (This is earlier than in previously posted schedules.)
- Take visitors to NASA Johnson Space Center Houston
- NASA tram tour (historic and current Mission Control Center, Space Vehicle Mockup Facility, Rocket Park) starts at 9:30
- Guided tour in small groups (~15 persons each).
- Group lunch around 1 pm.
- Leave NASA Johnson Space Center at 2 p.m.
- Return to Conference Hotel around 3 p.m.
Maximal number of participants: 56
Participating fee: $55 until September 19, $60 after September 19
Wednesday, Oct 6, 2010 – Thermon
Technical presentations and tour of Thermon facilities. located in San Marcos, Texas (approximately 2.5…3 hours drive from Houston). Thermon is specialized in the field of heat tracing technology, and manufacture wide variety of products and accessories for external application of heat to pipes, tanks and instrumentation (https://www.thermon.com/us/default.aspx).
Program: Download Agenda
- Bus will pick-up visitors on Oct 6, 7:00 a.m.at the Conference Hotel
- Take visitors to San Marcos Thermon Facility, San Marcos, TX, around 10:00 a.m.
- Welcome by Thermon
- Technical presentation
- Thermon's products
- Lunch break
- Company tour
- Leave Thermon facility around 3:00 p.m.
- Return to Conference Hotel at 6:00 p.m.
Maximal number of participants: 60
Participating fee: $25 until September 19, $30 after September 19