Nuclear Medical and Imaging Sciences Council
Overview of the NPSS Nuclear Medical and Imaging Sciences Technical Committee (NMISTC) and the Nuclear Medical and Imaging Sciences Council (NMISC)
One of the bodies responsible for medical imaging related activities within the IEEE is the NMISTC. All IEEE NPSS members who have expressed interest in being a part of NMISTC are NMISTC members.
The NMISTC is managed by the Nuclear Medical and Imaging Sciences Council (NMISC), which has 15 members elected from the general membership of the NMISTC. Five people are elected to the NMISC each year, each person is elected to a 3-year term. The Council manages the activities of the Committee.
The Council has oversight of the Medical Imaging Conference (MIC) component of the
annual IEEE NSS/MIC. This oversight includes:
- the selection of the conference committees and chairs
- the development of short courses and other educational activities offered at the annual IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium & Medical Imaging Conference.
The Council also provides input to the editorial boards of the Transactions on Nuclear Sciences (TNS) and the Transaction on Medical Imaging (TMI). It promotes medical imaging generally by nominating members of the Committee for IEEE Fellow status and for various IEEE Awards. It has created two IEEE Awards for which it has direct control of the nomination and award processes: the Edward J Hoffman Medical Imaging Scientist Award and the Bruce H Hasegawa Young Investigator Medical Imaging Science Award. Both are presented annually.
The Council's general charge is management and promotion of the activities useful to the members of the NMISTC. The present Council invites Committee member participation in the Committee's activities. It specifically invites Committee members to run for membership on the Council, to pursue the upgrading of their membership from standard member status to senior member status, to nominate persons for the NMISTC Awards, and to provide suggestions for scientific and educational activities that promote Nuclear Medical and Imaging Sciences.
Questions or Comments? Click here
Related WWW Sites
NSS-MIC Related meetings
International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI)
Dates: April 7-11, 2013
Location:San Francisco, California, USA
Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging
Dates: June 8-12, 2013
Location:Vancouver, BC, Canada
Fully 3D Image Reconstruction in Radiology and Nuclear Medicine (FULLY3D)
Dates: June 16-21, 2013
Country:Lake Tahoe, California, USA
International Conference on Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention (MICCAI)
Dates: September 22-26, 2013
- Lawrence Berkeley Lab: The Center for Functional Imaging
- University of Pennsylvania: Nuclear Medicine Physics & Instrumentation Group
- Vancouver Hospital and Health Science Centre: Medical Imaging Research Group
- University of Pittsburgh: PET Facility
- University of Utah: Utah Center for Advanced Imaging Research
- UCLA: Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology
- Johns Hopkins University: Department of Radiology
- Univ. of Southern California: Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Case Western Reserve University: Case Center for Imaging Research
- Life Sciences New Initiative